Engaging Activities & Enriching moments
Activities for all interests and for all ages
Boasting some of the finest opportunities for outdoor adventure in BC, guests on board the Pacific Yellowfin have a wide variety of equipment to choose from.
Looking for the adrenaline rush? We have plenty of toys and equipment to keep you entertained. Looking for more relaxed, wondrous exercise? We have that too! (View more pictures on our Facebook and Pinterest pages).
Guests can engage in:
- Hikes to remote lakes, sometimes on historical trails and with rewarding lake dips
- Motorcycling on old logging roads, sometimes meeting our logging friends along the way
- Mountain biking on panoramic trails with spectacular views
- Bonfire evenings on remote beaches with wine, marshmallow roasting and singing
- Kayaking in flat water fjords with snow-capped mountains towering above
- Visiting local people: Delia the oyster lady, Lynn the museum curator, John the logger, Joe the fisherman
- Connecting with First Nation peoples
- Observing nature's spectacle like beaver dam being built
- Swimming in warm water inlets (28° C / 82°F)
- Discovering unique animals such as the Spirit Bear, a Black bear with a gene-deficiency turning him white
On the water (all guided)
- Fishing: salmon (coho, sockeye, chinook, chum, trout, halibut, rockfish, etc)
- Trapping prawns and crabs
- Digging clams
- Picking oysters
- Kayaking: ocean and sports kayaks, 11 total (with guide Dominic)
- Motorized water sports: waterskiing & wakeboarding
- Tons of water fun – a 40ft inflatable slide from going from the top deck right into the water!, inflatable banana & hot dog, tubes, a water trampoline, water pistols
- Exploring the shoreline by tenders
- Bear and marine wildlife viewing by tenders
- And swimming! (Specific sounds are known as the Mexico of the North with waters reaching 28°C/82° F).
On land (all guided)
- Mountain biking (11)
- Motorbike trail riding (50cc - 6)
- Mountain lake dips
- Visits to local communities and residents
- Sun tanning
- Cook alongs
- Helping out Chief Engineer Jack in the engine room
- Hot tub
- Curled up with a book, board games, DVDs, etc
- Or just wandering at the surroundings beauty...
- Tender: 22ft / 6.7m 8 person Runabout / 150 hp Yamaha 4-stroke
- 24ft / 7.3m beach landing craft / 115 hp Yamaha 4-stroke
- 14ft / 4.27m RIB / 15 hp Honda 4-stroke
Please send us an email or call us at +1604.321.2124 if you have any questions about these activities and/or read our "typical day" page.